Since retiring from a teaching career of over 30 years, I now enjoy spending my time creating art and writing.
I occasionally write for the Milton Villager Magazine.
My children’s stories and poetry books include my illustrations that show my vivid imagination and love for swirling, organic designs.
I have been exploring art all of my life and my studies include:
• fine art and puppetry at Westhill College in Birmingham, UK
• life drawing and portraits at Sheridan College in Oakville
• life drawing and fine art at OCAD, Toronto
• printmaking at Wilfred Laurier University , Waterloo
• painting and printmaking at Dundas Valley School of Art
Today I paint mostly in acrylics and mixed media but I also explore other media types including: pencil, ink, pastel, watercolour, fabric, paper, collage, dolls & puppets and illustration.
I love to paint portraits of people and animals. I am fascinated by the texture and movement of the natural world and try to depict these in my artwork.